You most likely love to write if you’re reading this right now. But do you think you’ve reached your full potential?
I know I want to be as great of a writer as Deepy or Figgy. They write so smoothly, seemingly effortless. I feel like I’m truly inside the book, and I want my readers to feel the same. And I’m working on improving. Here’s some tips that have been helping me👇
1. I’ve been writing for a long time. I’ve also been reading for a while. There IS a correlation! Reading has helped me so much with my stories. Books seem to imprint “better author” on me. So a great way to improve writing is to READ!
2. Look up writing prompts. They help both improving and to get you out of a block. We have some on our blog, and there are some great ones you could look up on search engines too!
3. Always pay attention in English and literature classes! They really help! Even though I didn’t like my teacher last year, it still has caused me to improve.
4. Try to really make the reader feel like they’re inside the book. Practice using all 5 senses when you write. Even taste! Though it’s not very obvious; it is significant.
5. Keep writing! Quitting won’t get you anywhere! You’ll reach your goal one day!
Y’all are great authors and ily allll(: